Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why Am I at Occupy Calgary

I am not for this movement because I am the 99%, or because I am the 1%.  I am in full support of this movement because I am part of the 100 percent. Not just the 100% of Calgary, but 100% of the entire globe.

We have all contributed to our current state in one way or another and we must take responsibility for this individually and as a collective whole.
There is no sense in singling out the 1%, dwelling on past decisions or thinking of what we could have done differently.  We cannot go back and we cannot change the past.
However, WE CAN change the present and in turn our future.  I am not saying this is easy, just that it is possible.  

It might seem overwhelming, taking on a change of the magnitude we are asking and hoping for, but it can happen and I believe it will. It is not going to happen just by talking about the problems, nor is it going to happen if we ignore them and pretend they don’t exist.  The change will happen because we are coming together to acknowledge the issues, share suggestions, support and offer solutions. This is why I am at Occupy Calgary.

Since being at Olympic Plaza on October 15, 2011, we have spent a lot of time speaking out about the concerns we have of our current state and how we want our world to be. This has been eye opening and inspiring, but we haven’t had much opportunity to speak of solutions.  Taking action to better this world is something I am very passionate about, and I hope to share some solutions and possible action plans with those eager for change, as well as reach out to those who might not be aware of our current need for it.

 The answers that I believe I have are all based on the Permaculture ethics system broken down into 3 categories; Care of Earth, Care of People and Return of Surplus.

 I have quite a few suggestions to share, so for interests sake I have decided to write possible solutions  positive change one at a time on my blog.  I hope that you will take the time to comment on these suggestions and also feel free to elaborate on them or make your own suggestions.

The answers do exist and we all have the power to take action on them. It isn’t necessarily easy to do, especially when the solutions mean we may have to drastically change our lifestyles, and our entire consciousness.  I urge you to try. The outcomes will be worthwhile.  I know this because the world I live in is a world of change.
 My world is a world filled with joy, abundance and love. My world is a better place because I connect with the earth, because I love myself and others and because I give back.  My world is not filled with material things, my world is filled with life.  I dont want to live in this world alone.  I want you to be here! We are all an integral part of the solution. Choose to step out of the problem to be a part of the answers by turning off your tv, waking up and embracing community.  Please recognize that change is possible, change is happening and we are change.

Stay tuned for some great solutions and in the meantime go check out whats happening at the Occupy Movement!

In light and love,
Kym Chi


No comments:

Post a Comment