Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Visionary Permaculture - Day One

Morning :)

 WOW!! We started class this morning in the Altered States Chapel in the middle of a meadow, where we smudged and grounded and then came back in to the library where we sat and shared.

 So far it has all been introductions and really honing in on who we will be spending this course with. Everyones personal stories and how they got here along with their intentions are inspiring and exciting! With some knowledge of Permaculture under my belt, I can see just how perfect it is that each person is here to take part in the learning circle that is taking place.

 Along with meeting these super inspirational and beautiful beings, i am being overwhelmed with mass creativity and love. There are beautiful paintings and sculptures everywhere... (photos to come) and just amazing energy and presence here. I don’t believe that one element was placed without intention and thought. Sitting in the library where we are engaging in part of the class, all I could feel was love. When I look at the work of Alex, Allyson and other artists in the space I can see and feel the loving intention that has gone into its creation. I feel at home and at peace here.

 The staff here are also inspiring. I haven’t had a chance to meet many yet, but the ones I have met are super friendly and open, extremely welcoming. Those I haven’t met, I already love and have immense gratitude for. We were told of the many people who volunteer here to see this place thrive and grow, including the kitchen staff who prepare our lunch and dinner. I am learning that it just feels good to give, and when we give from our hearts to contribute to what we feel passion for, we are constantly receiving. I feel this way back in Calgary with various projects I believe in and see it in others leading by example in their own lives as well, constantly sharing and just being who they are, visioning a better, more beautiful future.

Super blissed and blessed!

Afternoon:
 Well this afternoon was still about integration and grounding in each others journeys to the Permaculture Path and then we walked to the beautiful labyrinth and listened to Delvin (our teacher) speak a little about what this course will hold. Finishing on the deck overlooking the COSM land, I am overwhelmed with a sense of belonging here.

Since after lunch I have felt strong energy surrounding my heart and my third eye, and being out on the land I can feel how strongly activated this space is. I feel so blessed that this is only day one of 4 and part one of a four part series as this place is so deeply integrated with wisdom and teaching. Not only am I going to learn a tremendous amount from this course, I will learn a tremendous amount from this place and this sacred land. I write this as I wind down from the day and feel more alert and alive then ever.

 Below are a couple photos so you can see some of the awesome things I am surrounded by.

 Love and giggles!!!

                                                Inspiring one of kind work by Alex Grey!
                                                 The above is one of our classrooms!
                                                        Where I sit as I write this blog!
          The cover page for this course in my binder... 2 important Permaculture Principles!
                                      The Altered States chapel I spoke of earlier in the day.

 Kym Chi

1 comment:

  1. WOW Kym.... soooo amazingly epic!!!

    I am just loving your beautiful writing style and your intelligence, how it merges with the group and shares from that inspired place of what you're experiencing.

    Blessed to be following the journey.

    lunaya

    ReplyDelete