Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Updates!

Ok, so it has been a while since I have updated my blog and I really want to get better at this!  Life has been awesomely insane and I just haven't made the time to keep up with writing all about it.  It is funny that I created this blog to write about what inspires me and during the time I have been most inspired, I have not been documenting it!

Well here it is, time to write! Time to be more dedicated to this blog.  I recognize that not only is it awesome to share with others and get people excited, but it is also a great way for me to remember all of the awesome things that happen and all of the inspiring interactions I share with others!

I have been up to alot over the last year and particularly over the last few months coming into 2012, so I wont spend too much time worrying about the details in this blog post, but will be detailed going forward so hopefully this is something you can refer to if needed.

I thought what I could do here, is give a brief overview on some of the things I have been doing and then just lead into some more detailed posts.

Here it goes:

Evolver:
I have been loving the involvement in Evolver Calgary and watching the intentional Community grow!! Most recently I spearheaded the planning of an event called Electronic Awakening and it was an amazing event filled with beautiful beings, amazing music and art and most importantly, LOVE!  It was really an eye opening experience of our amazing community and the wonderful beings in my life!!
Upcoming we have some amazing events and each of the sporeganizers will be taking turns spearheading.  In May we have Psychedelic Renaissance, Family Oasis and our convergence and then in June we have Food for Thought.  We will also have a booth at Inshala! YAY!! check Evolver.net for updates!

The AREA:
I became involved with the AREA accidentally on purpose. lol.  I was so stoked after finishing my Permaculture Design Certificate with Verge Permaculture last May, and I synchronistically met Dave and Kathryn the owners.  I loved their project which is all about which is Arts, Recreation, Education, and Agriculture.  These are all things I know and love so I offered to do their Permie Design.  It went something like this " I just finished my PDC and I want to learn more.  I have no experience, but would you be open to me doing your design and helping implement it?"  I thought I was totally off base and had no chance, but to my surprise they said YES!  This has led to the design of the back space, implementation of a mandala garden (with lots of volunteer help) and now to me living in my van which parks on the lot and being the garden coordinator. We are also integrating and evolving the design further, starting a weekly community market and offering awesome facilitated work studies! Please stay tuned for more as we progress!

Van Living:
As indicated above, I am living in my van.  This started in March and so far I really love it.  I am learning alot, and really recognizing a deeper connection with myself, my needs and the world around me.  Photos and details to come on later blogs!

Interning with Verge Permaculture:
I am blessed to have received a spot as a Verge Permaculture Intern for the 2012 season.  So far we have shared 3 sessions and it has already been a sweet learning experience, from seedlings and soil blocks to pulling out deep seeded clover (oops!) to shadowing design consults  the experience is everything i imagined it would be and more! Looking forward to the rest of the season and what it holds.

Visionary Permaculture:
WOW!!! This is where I am now, please see the blog following this one for the first details!  I will be spending a few days each season for part of 2012 and 2013 at the sacred COSM land in New York.  COSM stands for the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors and is where Alex and Allyson Grey house their art.  It is a beautiful peice of land where workshops, full moon gatherings and consciousness events take place regularly.  The course itself is a Permaculture Design Course which integrates visionary themes.  Our design project includes a design for a space from home, but also as a group, we will Map COSM, which is deeply meaningful for me to be a part of!  COSM is a very special place and what is happening here is amazing! I ll leave it to the rest of the blogs to explain.

Also keep your eyes peeled for updates on my involvement in spreading permaculture seeds through music festivals and more!

Love!
Kym Chi



No comments:

Post a Comment